Theme 1: The Meaning of Community
- What is the 'mainstream' - all of us or some
- Democracy, equality, fairness - what do these
ideas mean in practice?
- The politics of community leadership.
- Reconciliation - what next?
- Capacity building in Indigenous and ethnic
- Disability rights - turning them into practice.
- Designing the future - planning in whose
- Inclusive celebrations - beyond spaghetti
Theme 2: From Diversity to Civic Participation
- Indigenous access and the 'mainstream'.
- Disability and access - challenges and strategies.
- Immigration and settlement-current debates.
- Ethnicity and access - public service in
a culturally diverse society.
- Points of intensity: indigenous people and
disability ; immigration and disability; gender and disability.
- Strategies to combat discrimination and racism.
- The economic benefits of diversity - productive
- Mediation - cultural assumptions and practical
- Organisational change human resource management
tools - equal employment opportunity and diversity management.
Theme 3: From the Local to the Global
- Globalisation - local impacts and international
- Indigenous rights - international human rights
- Treaty eh? Local, national and international
- The struggle for international disability
- The internationalisation of human rights-local
- Local to local - friendship city relationships.
- Environmental sustainability - local action,
- Immigration and the environment.
- Australian refugee policies and practices.